CartoDB is an online tool that allows you to create interactive maps with your own geographic data.
WHAT IT'S BEST FOR
- Creating dynamic maps – the tool allows you to choose how much data is displayed and how it looks.
- Importing and merging data sets in various formats, including .csv and KML. You can also layer them over a map from Google, Bing or OpenStreetMap.
- If you don’t mind your data being open to the public, you can host your projects at the CartoDB website for free.
- Gain insights from your data, share results with your team, or publish reports to the world.
WHERE IT FALLS DOWN
- Free maps must be public
- More limited free storage
- Mostly relies on a basic knowledge of sql and css
Free – for 50MB of data or $29 per month for up to 100MB of data.
$149 per month for 500MB of data or US $299 per month for up to 1GB of data.
All paid-for plans are available on a 14-day free trial.
* Costs are correct at time of publication. Please always refer to original website for current pricing.